Pages

Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Bobbi Brown - Stick foundation

I had not used stick foundations in years but after trialling it in store I decided to purchase it and give it a chance. ~warm beige~



It didn't take long before I fell in love with this product and here's why!

Pros
  • They come in 12 shades and are oil free (which is great as my skin tends to be on the oily side)
  • Blends easily using a flat foundation brush
  • Coverage is varied. You can wear it light-medium or build it up to full coverage
  • Matches my skin really well (yellow based)
  • Doesn't leave a ghostly halo around hairline
  • When I set it with a translucent powder it usually lasts the whole day
Cons
  • Needs a touch up of translucent powder after a few hours as it can look dewy after awhile
  • Price in Australia ($70-80 in Aus but only $42 in the USA)
You can blend this foundation using fingers, brush or beauty sponge but personally I find it best using a brush but really it just comes down to personal choice. I will get around to it and do a tutorial with photos on how I apply it so stay tuned.

Overall I love this foundation, it is definitely my go to foundation for night time. As I live in a hot climate and are often busy throughout the day I tend to forget to redo my translucent powder. So for day use I prefer another foundation, which I will review soon.

Australians- I purchase it at David Jones or on strawberrynet (when they have my shade) 
USA- when I visit the states I usually buy it at Sephora, although it's available at a number of shops

No comments:

Post a Comment